Livestreaming Yoga Classes
As COVID-19 pandemic restrictions currently limit the studio's capacity to 50%, with teachers and yogis all wearing masks (effective July 1st), and with live-streaming equipment further reducing our practice space, we will continue to live-stream our classes from the studio. We won't open the studio to the public until restrictions are lifted and we can teach (and you can practice) effectively (i.e., without masks). Virtual (live-streaming) classes are listed on our schedule page, with unlimited capacity. Please follow the steps below to register and attend live-streaming classes.
Here's How It Works
- Live-streaming classes are listed on our schedule as "VIRTUAL."
- We live-stream on the Vimeo Livestream platform. You can stream the classes in your browser. If you have a Vimeo account/app, you can also use that.
- You'll need to sign up for class at least 20 minutes before the class starts, using a new or existing class pass (including Drop-Ins and Introductory 30 Days for $30 monthly passes).
- Registration will close 20 minutes before class starts..
- If you try to sign up less than 20 minutes before class, you'll get a "shopping cart" error (it's a MindBody thing).
- Sign up for class here
- If you don't have an Sarva Yoga account, you'll need to create one.
- If you don't have a class pass, you'll be prompted to buy one.
- About 5-15 minutes before class starts, you'll receive an email with a link to join the live-stream class.
Please makes sure your account email is correct.
- Click the link a couple of minutes before start time. Vimeo will display a countdown.
- No one will see or hear you during class, including the teacher.
- Please, if you need to look to the video for guidance, come out of the pose to do so and avoid straining or misalignment trying to see the video from your pose.
- Contact us with any questions about how this will all work, and with feedback on how the livestreaming experience was for you. All comments are welcome!
We add recordings of live-streamed classes to our online video-on-demand library at Sarva Yoga Online. We'll also post shorter classes and longer class series at Sarva Yoga Online.
Many of you have asked how you can support the studio through this shutdown. We deeply appreciate that intention. The best way to support would be to sign up and log in to our live-stream classes. You could also, if you are inclined and able to do so, purchase gift cards for future use at the studio. That could help to spread the financial impact of this shutdown over a longer period of time, and you'd still get the value of your purchase. We are grateful for the support of so many of our fellow yogis.